THE GREEN AND DEWY SOUTH IS GIVING ME THE WARM FUZZIES


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I'm in Canberra. It's clean, it's spread out and it is VERY, VERY green.
And the people are really, really, really nice.
I got off the train at a station smaller than my local city rail station. There is no taxi rank, just people picking up their friends and relatives in their own cars. All I can is green grass, green trees, a few brick buildings in the distance.
But I have a map, and my suitcases have wheels, so I approached a woman for directions, telling her where I am staying and she immediately says "You can't possibly walk, we'll drop you off."
At the rather strange B&B the receptionist makes sure I have a map, and finds out which bus I need, and shows me where the stop is. So I caught the bus here this morning, and have had a lovely morning of meeting people, being given a desk, offered coffee, and having my calls returned.


1 Responses to “THE GREEN AND DEWY SOUTH IS GIVING ME THE WARM FUZZIES”

  1. Blogger Ashlee 

    Hey!

    See... Canberra is nice!

    Sounds like it is going well down there.

    I finally bit the bullet and moved all my stuff to blogger.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 






flex empire

relief from boredom

fourth estate

useful

pointless but amusing

home industry

previously on flextime...

old episodes


ATOM 0.3