last night


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Like the drone worker bee which I am supposed to be, my body assumes that I because I went to bed at 8.30 I should be ready to wake up at 4am. It is wonderfully dark; the streetlights blend with the plane trees to bathe my street in spooky green shadows. I try to imagine there is something dreamy in this situation; instead of pressing my face to the pillow in desperation I lie on my back and pretend I am Scarlet Johansson in Lost in Translation. But Giovanni Ribisi is not lying beside me, nor am I about to be befriended by Bill Murray and have my faith in life’s possibilities restored. I toy briefly with the idea of getting into work really early, and then decide that is ridiculous.As I drift back to sleep I have a brilliant idea for a novel, but it’s gone now……..


3 Responses to “last night”

  1. Anonymous Helen 

    *hugs you*

    I very much would like to come visit you, but I am totally, utterly broke.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    cheap deals on poker chip sets http://playeulhstrip.tripod.com/cheap-deals-on-poker-chip-sets.htm
    [url=http://baccaratkkbfup.tripod.com/craziest-game-of-poker-music.htm]craziest game of poker music[/url]
    paradise poker contact

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 






flex empire

relief from boredom

fourth estate

useful

pointless but amusing

home industry

previously on flextime...

old episodes


ATOM 0.3